Thursday, June 14, 2007

more on the prayer list.

Sometimes it feels like the prayer list is just neverending. and i suppose that's the way it should be. I need to make sure i don't sound like i'm complaining as i say this. It just feels like there's SO much to pray about constantly. i know it's important that we pray about everything. and i love praying. It's feels good to know that my God is up there listening and aching for me.
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank HIm for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." Phili.4:6-7
and i know he cares about us so much that every "small thing" is a big deal.
so here i am on my knees praying for things and more importantly people i care about.
You, Father have the power to do anything. Mountains bow down to you majesty, storms quiet at your beautiful calm spirit, no one else could mold hearts like you. Please help me remember that you care about everything in my life. sometimes i feel silly for praying for things that might be self-seeking or that i feel like i can handle on my own. i know my pride is a huge barrier for being dependant on you. i know my pride hinders me from seeking you as passionately as i can and more serving you as passionately as i can. pull out the rock from underneath me and let me actually rely on you. make my heart humble. make me a servant who is willing and able to HUMBLY serve. protect me from false ideas that i can do it on my own. i can't Father. i know i can't do it by myself. but i pray that to the very core of me i'd believe that nothing good comes apart from you.
So God, with humbleness, i ask that you bless my sister and brothers in Christ. I pray for Gracie and her job interview at Sobey's. God, you and i both know that she has a heart of gold and she's a trustworthy and honest person. God, i pray that even though they may not have a relationship with you, the people hiring her would hear from you as Gracies reference. tug at their hearts and let them know what an awesome person Gracie is. I pray that you would put her where she needs to be this summer. If at Sobey's, i pray that the rest of the staff would be blessed by her. If she gets a job elsewhere, God, i pray that she'd rely on your beautiful plan for her life to guide her to where she needs to be.
God i pray for everyone's finals. Help us trust in you. Help us honor you with giving everything we have in every area of our lives. God i pray for rachel. even though she's probably very stressed, i pray that you would surround her with peace. let Philippians 4:6-7 be her lifeline as she studies hard. Help her to know you have control no matter what the outcome. i pray that i as well would be able to focus and bless you with our actions. i pray if it is your will that we would all do well on our finals and finish this years at school well.
GOd i pray that you would guide me in how to spend my time this summer. help me know where you want me and help me know what's important in your eyes. help me serve and give time to you.
God i thank you for the people graduating tomorrow. help them to use what they've learnt in school, in relationships, and at church with you to make them awesome adults in our communities. I pray that Jeff would find his calling and that you would be behind him pushing him to that calling. i pray that they would find acceptance in the world and work hard to give you honor.
God i also want to raise up the people who aren't feeling you right now. surround them with the reassurance that you're always there. Father, give them patience. Guide them as they collect manna and i pray that they would be diligent in collecting that manna daily.
"Be patient, then, brother, until the Lord's coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yields it's valuable crop and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains. You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lor'ds coming is near." Phili 5:7-8
God i pray for our hearts and the hearts around us. we need to be loving one another as Christians. we don't deserve to have the name Christian if we can't show your love. it's too amazing for us not to share. Your love gives us the power to do anything. i pray that with that power we could love others as you love us. "Love the Lord your God, with all your heart and with all your soul, and with all you mind and with all your strength... Love your neighbour as yourself." Mark 12:30-31. God i pray that we could show this love to people around us who don't know you. Open their hearts and let us rely on you for the words to say to them. you are good and i want to do your work. Give me the opportunities to speak and don't let them pass by without me seeing and responding to them.
God again i praise you for your hand in nature. it's like someday's if i just stop and reach out for your spirit, i can see your fingerprints on what you've created on this earth. it's awesome and it astounds me. Your beauty and you majesty astound me.
Amen.

No comments: